Monday 28 December 2009

Nigel Anthony JAMES

The Horse Jumper (below)- Schnittkunst; and the Pirate Ship, pencil work. - Pictures by Nigel A JAMES



Patchworks Uncovered


Life in Vienna is much the same as it is everywhere else; and, when all is said and done, it is a patchwork that is made up of people. Life elsewhere, you may say, is totally different. There are wars, there is unrest, there is hunger, and so on and so on. But, if one were to go back in time by 80 years - or so, life in central Europe would have been different as well. It’s all a question of timing. And my mission, as I put it, is to present a picture of life as I see it today.

Welcome to my blog and welcome to my life.

Life is people, and the best way of introducing them and their very often hidden sides, I believe, is by way of my “mini personal portraits”. I keep these as short as I possibly can; but, when one starts digging, one often discovers some very interesting things.

But, life is visual too. And photography, I believe, is just as important as the written word and I use it to full effect in my blog. It shows us, without the need of description, what is being worn, the cars that are being driven, the mood of the people, and lots more interesting things as well. I like black and white photography very much; but there are times, of course, when colour may not be dispensed with.

Photography, for me, is a way of keeping a record; my art, on the other hand, is my way of expressing myself; and my work comes in two different forms. My “Schnittkunst” as I call it, is very colourful, and, with its carefully cut layers, is packed full of energy and action! My pencil drawings are a total contrast. Friends of mine have described them as having a sort of an “inbuilt mystery”. I would not entirely disagree with this. There are many steps from pure white to black, and I try to use each one according to its best advantage, and often the results are simply very surprising.

Meeting new people always leads to new heights of experience. Everyone, I believe, has a story. All one has to do is to let them speak, and, of course, listen to what they are really saying. And it is this interest in people that led me to found the Parletorium.

The Parletorium is a discussion round and is carried on in English for the benefit of people wishing to improve their English in an interesting way. I am based in Vienna, and I now have many of these rounds and each one provides an interesting dynamic of its own. All participants enjoy these meetings very much. Naturally, some people prefer individual training, which, of course, I also provide.
To go to the latest edition of Diarikom, please either click onto "HOME" under the PAGES at the top right hand side of this page, or simply click onto the following link,- http://diarikom.blogspot.com I publish, on average two articles a week. thanks and see you at the latest diarikom!


My e-mail address is the following, njmailboy@gmail.com or, if you prefer, my mobile (Handy) number is the following,- (+431) 0680 3141816 from Austria.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Diarikom

I have been writing the Diaikom since 2009.  Regular short stories, interviews, essays, recordings and more. All taken from life.  I have me...