Friday 1 July 2016

(C) - Ill Advised Advisor - A duck and a dandilion - A poem by Henry Wright

Click here for full AUDIO/VISUAL page!




ILL-ADVISED ADVISER
by Henry Wright

“It’s good to eat,” observed the duck,
While seeking grass to munch,
“Whatever could we do instead
When time comes round for lunch?”
..
The dandelion with mournful look,
Replied a bit put out,
“I see your point, I do indeed,
But I can’t move about”.
..
The duck was taken by surprise
To hear a flower speak,
The place where one expects a mouth
Were petals but no beak.
..
“You won’t grow up a healthy duck”,
The weed went on to say,
“Unless you have your vitamins
And minerals each day”.
..
The duck was piqued to think a plant
As lowly as a weed,
Presumed to give advice to her
On what she ought to feed.
..
“What use are you?” she cried enraged,
“Stuck always in one spot?
You cannot fly or walk or swim
And talk such tommyrot”.
..
“I landed here by parachute,”
The weed replied with heat,
“And ever since produced the food
That you should daily eat”.
..
“Forgive me for my hasty words,”
The duck replied contrite,
“I’ll follow your advice at once
Because I’m sure you’re right.
..
“I’m sorry we must part this way
Just so I may survive”.
With that she opened wide her beak
And ate the weed alive.


..

...

Welcome to Diarikom

I have been writing the Diaikom since 2009.  Regular short stories, interviews, essays, recordings and more. All taken from life.  I have me...